Contestant Information 2018
The Miss Lewis County Scholarship Program is open to young women of Lewis County who are interested in serving in a leadership role that fosters community service.
Dates for preparation for the Miss Lewis County Pageant
Application Deadline: December 8, 2017
Contestant and Parent Meeting: January 13, 2018
First Grooming Session: January 28, 2018
Pageant Date: March 10, 2018
General Requirements for Miss Lewis County Contestants
- Entrants must be female between the ages of 17 and 24. She must be no less than a high school senior.
- Candidates must meet one of the following criteria:
- Resident of Lewis County
- Full time high school or community college students in Lewis County
- Work full time in Lewis County (40 hours per week)
- The program will consider young women who reside or attend school in an area adjacent to Lewis County, which does not have a Miss America preliminary pageant. Priority will be given to young women who live, work full time or go to school full time in Lewis County.
- Entrant must be single, never have been married, nor had a marriage annulled, not be living with a male in lieu of legal marriage. She must not be, nor ever have been, pregnant.
- Entrant must be in good health.
- Entrant must be a United States citizen.
- The candidate selected for the responsibility of serving as Miss Lewis County must be available to serve as the official hostess of Lewis County from March 2017 until March 2018. She will also compete in the Miss Washington Scholarship Pageant in July 2017. As the Miss Lewis County Scholarship Program supports education, every effort will be made to accommodate her school schedule.
Presentation and Community Achievement in Interview, 25%
Artistic Expression in Talent, 30%
Presence and Poise in Evening Wear, 15%
On Stage Knowledge and Awareness, 20%
Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit, 10%
Interview: judged on overall first impression, personal appearance, mental attributes, communication skills, style, and emotional control.
Talent: judged on technical skill level, stage presence, and the totality of all elements including voice, use of body, costume, music, props, and choreography. The talent shall not exceed two minutes and shall not be compared with professional peformances.
Evening Wear: judged on overall first impression, sense of confidence and stage presence. Posture, carriage, grace and appropriateness of attire shall also be considered. Evening attire should fit the young woman's personality.
On Stage Interview: contestant is asked to respond to two on-stage questions and is judged on overall first impression, sense of confidence, personality, stage presence, expression, vocabulary, sincerity, as well as answering the question.
Swimsuit: contestant should display a figure that reflects good health and is proportionate in relation to her height, weight and bone structure.
Each contestant will receive in-depth training and experience to meet the requirements of the competitive phases. She will receive extensive training in developing her choice of talent, personal grooming, poise and wardrobe consultation.
Deadline: Friday, December 8, 2017
Submit application below and email a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to bring a copy of your resume and letter of recommendation to the parent/contestant meeting .